Monday, March 26, 2007

Good news Bad news and inspiration

I love reading other peoples finance blogs. I didn't think I would. But every day I break out my blog reader and look for the new posts. I find inspiration in many places. I feel as though I am starting a new journey. And Change is never something I easily do. But with this change there are a few things that keep me moving forward....

Inspiration - http://wereindebt.com/ for the side bar which it turns out is from... a word press plug in Although, you'll see I adapted it to my own colors.

I love the No Credit Needed blog & network. Every time I realize that there are many people in my position. Of course that's the good news and the bad news.

I saw this link in another blog and I am re posting the link (MSN article) I just turned 40 and I have felt VERY very behind my friends. Big sigh of relief perhaps I am really somewhere in the middle. I just got a new job that will be contributing 10% of my income to a retirement plan. I feel like not just a better salary but a raise too... Using the calculators on the MSN site I determined I can die at age 95. That's good news since my grand mother is 89. I can now think happily about debt elimination and college.

The choices I made to get myself here were mine. But every day I read about the choices people are making to better themselves and I feel liberated. I have made a few small changes of my own. I am going to start the second job process sooner... I have asked for help from my fiancee to do some driving for my daughter which will allow me an extra evening to work. Inspired by another Single mom I talked honestly with my daughter about what is reasonable for some choices she has coming up. We laid out a cost analysis of the things she wanted to do I told her what I could afford and discussed options with her. It was a breakthrough moment for me. For a woman who likes to keep it all inside, I finally said halt this is too much. I am proud of my daughter to see how far her decision making has come and I am proud of myself for having the courage to change my ways and teach her good spending habits. I don't want to pass along my debt-ing habits.


I am not a financial professional. If you are looking for financial advise you should seek it elsewhere. If you would like to join me on the journey, walk with me for a while and be my friend......

No comments: