Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturdays

Today is supposed to be a play day. Its hard to play at something. I am so disciplined about going to work and and cleaning the house and taking care of my daughter I don't "budget" in time to play. I think it would help me to relax. I do sewing and cross stitch which is a frugal hobby if you allow it to be. You can spend Tons of money on that stuff but It will take me a year to finish the project I am currently working on (Song of Christmas) I love Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum's Designs. Even linking this page I see she has a new design. I will need to resist temptation to pay down debt first and then spend money on Hobbies. Although like I said It is pretty frugal project. I think I spent about $50 between floss, fabric, the pattern, and I did buy a plastic frame to help with the stitching. Maybe more like $45. So divide that cost with the pleasure for the year I will spend working on it..... it costs 12 cents per day. Ah not to shabby at all. I'll post a picture when my daughter returns from her trip.

So Money. I sat down and calculated my daughters summer expenses today. About $6500. Its a lot. The ex husband did Offer Quite a bit as a partial payment and like I said I am getting a second job to pay off debts in just 4 more weekends. Thankfully the season is coming to a close. They did take third in a regional!!! Way to go kiddo!!! :-)

I look at ways I could even earn more money by consulting. It is a little scary putting out a consulting shingle. I feel as though it will be easier to work at a department store. Then you get the store discount and you don't have to think much. I think enough at my day job. But you do have to wait on the public which is not my favorite thing to do. And sometimes it shows. - I will let you know which path I choose......

Goals for this blog:
  • I will put up a graphic quantifying my debt. (Have to create it first) Done

  • I will post my 1001 things in 101 days. (I have done more then I thought I would) Done

  • I will create a list of financial goals to hold myself accountable.
I have done this week paying attention to my finances. I took care of a medical bill, I took care of a tax bill, and a requested for the THIRD time that my W2 be sent. So I feel accomplished. I have a few items on the to do list:
Convert old bonds to cash
Contact previous employees about 401K
Contact Current employer and confirm paperwork was rec'd
Do some 403b research to determine which funds would be good for me.
Fill in Debt spreadsheet from book.

Well that's a start. I think I will work on those while my daughter does her homework tomorrow.
Its a beginning. and It feels like progress which makes me happy.

I am not a financial professional. If you are looking for financial advise you should seek it elsewhere. If you would like to join me on the journey, walk with me for a while and be my friend......

No comments: