Monday, January 28, 2008

Side Bar Updates

Today I paid $3000.00 to Debt!!! I rc'd a gift from my grandmother passing away and I am using it to pay off my credit cards. I really want to purchase my own home and I always believed that I would use any money from her to put a down payment on a home. It makes me a little sad and angry to have to pay off debt first. Let that be a lesson to you kids Dont get into debt! It takes Way too long to get out. I also increased my emerg savings to $948.00. It really calls to light that I want to be out of debt. My fiancee keeps talking about wanting new furniture. I asked him to wait a while. I want to pay down more debt first. He agreed. He also wants to wait until we move so we dont have to move furniture twice. I am sad about moving again. I really dont want to but after running the numbers today I know its going to be necessary to move and to get a second job. Sigh. Progress is slow when you are in way over your head.

I have also moved some debt around so that my payments are again under $1000.00. That allows me to put $34.00 towards the principal. Its small but its a start. I am really focused on paying off card #1. If there is ANY money leftover in Jan I will be putting the money towards that #1 card. Plus when I get my tax return from 2006 back I will also apply that $ 1200 to debt. Plus if the government does the refund I should get $900.00 and I will apply that to the debt. So all told I will have paid down $5100 on this card leaving a balance of 7008. Then there will be this years tax return which will be another $1000.00. Once I get rid of this card the snowball will begin to be effective and I will make much much more progress towards the balances. I dont want to borrow trouble though by ticking off things I plan to do you never know what may pop up in the future. For now I am happy I have paid down $3000.00 of my debt. Yahoo!

I can do it. There is hope. I have begun to look for a second job. Any ideas about working out of the house? I can do accounting and bill keeping but have a certain worry about ads I have seen online. Is there real work from home? Just wondering.


I am not a financial professional. If you are looking for financial advise you should seek it elsewhere. If you would like to join me on the journey, walk with me for a while and be my friend......

No comments: