Sunday, February 10, 2008

So As a result of paying off a very big chunk of change.... I have updated my side bar to have Credit card #1 @ 71% Hooray! Today's balance is $8,638.80. Of course there will be interest in the next billing cycle but this month I was able to pay down $3036.00 to principle. That means next month the min payment will be smaller. And I will be able to pay MORE to principle. I have not yet received my 2006 tax refund. The information I got stated it would take 6 weeks plus so that money wont be here until March. I will have another $1200 towards the #1 Credit card. Then of course there is the incentive money which I will send also directly to the #1 Card. The snow ball continues.

I have been very stressed by work and I am feeling intensely the burden of Debt. I am working today on my portfolio site and I will be putting out my shingle for more moonlighting work. I need to pay down a significant portion of my debt before I can move forward.

I have 3 things I can focus on.
1) Paying off DEBT
2) Taking the GMAT
3) getting into MBA program
(I would not even consider it until fall of 09
But it takes time to get ready and accepted)


My work would cover most of the costs to get the MBA. So as long as I can continue to pay down my #1 Card I should be able to moonlight less after one year. And take on school instead. Once my daughter is in college the day to day need for my attention should be lessened and I should be more able to study. I am finding I really enjoy my apt when it is quiet. Of course I always want the daughter with me but they do have to fly the coop sometime.

I had a long talk with the fiancee about getting my masters, and that it might effect things on the home front. He was very supportive and wants me to Go for it! so I am going to start studying. If anyone has any links or resources they would like to share please pass them on!

No comments: