Friday, July 30, 2010

I am becoming a yard sale junkie.

I am becoming a yard sale junkie.

Early on this summer I found a yard sale with kids stuff and I got a little Tykes slide for $8.00 Total bargain. Every kid in the neighborhood has tried it out in one way or another.

In the spring I had really awesome success at a consignment sale near my home. I had gone there the year before and I had good success getting clothing items for my infant son. So knowing I am going to need items for two small kids now... I looked online to see if they were having a sale again. They were. And there was an added bonus that if I sent in a check for $10 I could get in the door at 7:30. Vs 8am when they let in the rest of the crew. I knew all the big items last year were sold early. I also knew that I want to get a swing for my new baby we did not get one for our son and I think it would have helped. So I sent in my payment and made a plan with my husband that I would be getting up and out of the house early and he was to be in charge Sat morning. (Getting him to agree should be easier... Sigh)

With an execution plan in my head, list of needed items in hand I set off to the school where the sale was being held. Parking was crowded but not awful. I found the correct early bird line and hopped on. When they let us in I went right over to the big equip items. There were about 9 or 10 swings there. I picked one that was reasonably priced looked clean enough and headed over to the purchase area (this took all of 5 minutes) I went out to my car and placed the item in the trunk. I then returned to the entrance and re-entered the sale. I started shopping for the rest of the items on my list. I looked at the bedding. And there was the cutest bumper crib set. Pink and green a perfect match for the quilt I have in mind to get for the Oct baby. it was priced 1/2 of the online ones I have seen and very gently used. I was thrilled. I also found a hand made pink blanket and a few girl clothes. I had good success with the boy clothes although the pickings are much slimmer for the larger sizes.

So now I have been looking online and they are having another sale on 09/25. I have resolved to cross my legs and wait to have this baby till 10-1 so I can get DS's winter clothes. Keep your fingers crossed. I saved A LOT of cash buying used clothes. Its been a great find.

No comments: