Monday, March 30, 2009

Progress Update

Despite myself I have made progress. I have paid down over $15,000 in debt. Go me. I am in the middle of the journey. I no longer feel the heavy anchor so familiar to me of my monthly payments that beginning shore where I said oh if something happens I'll just use my credit card.... and the other shore where I am debt free. When you no longer see either shore the journey seems long. I know in my heart I am doing the right things. I know in my heart I will stay the path and keep pushing to be debt free. But the birth of my beautiful son and the costs of college for my daughter seem to pull at me so that I swim very very slowly to the shore where I am debt free. Had I not become pregnant and had my husband not needed to work so often on the weekends I would have taken a second job. I am still looking for opportunities to make extra money.

Today though when you break a round number like $15,000 you should stop and celebrate. I am going to treat myself to one $16.99 magazine holder for my cross stitch magazines. I dont want to spend much because I have to keep swimming. I also need to remember that the books I purchased from amazon will not have been charged to my account yet and I need to save that birthday money for when the bill arrives.

My progress from NCN. I have updated the numbers in the side bar. so Celebrate with me [ ]3 as we roll forward.


I am not a financial professional. If you are looking for financial advise you should seek it elsewhere. If you would like to join me on the journey, walk with me for a while and be my friend......

No comments: