Monday, June 02, 2008

May wrap up

I am glad to say good by to May. It has been a hectic month as evidenced here in my few posts. I try to post every Monday and I can tell even those days were crazy for me. I also have not been feeling well with morning sickness. Nausea is not fun. Given all the months expenses I was very surprised that we were able to stay on track at all this month. I expected to be writing tales of woe. I have updated my side bar percentages and to date I have paid down 15.37% of my debt. The total.... Drum roll please is.... $6,116.14. Phew. I have never had that much money in my life and yet I give it to the banks. Let that be the lesson DO NOT use credit cards. Save a little, pinch a lot. You can do it.

I told the fiancée how much debt I had paid off and he was stunned. I am too. Of course some of it is wind falls. Some of it is good luck. Lots of it is hard work tracking all the ins and outs every month.

Despite travel and graduation I was able to ...

I put an extra 88 dollars to my snowball this month.
My current expected date to be out of debt is July 2011. (An entire month sooner then when last calculated!)

I was feeling overwhelmed because of all the expenses we incurred this month. In truth I am making progress. We hosted a celebration party for graduation and I was still able to make my bills. Now vacation next month and daughters new i pod is a different story. Not sure where that is coming from. I have to do the numbers and see how much was really left over and how much I can spend on the vacation. Its going to be tight.



I am not a financial professional. If you are looking for financial advise you should seek it elsewhere. If you would like to join me on the journey, walk with me for a while and be my friend......

No comments: