Monday, February 18, 2008

Dump the Debt

Its Money Monday. Today I am creating a plan to Dump my debt. I already have been working towards it but not as aggressively as I could have. I have been listening to Dave Ramsey all weekend and I am dumping the debt. I have new resolution to sell as much stuff as I can.

My CC#1 is the first to go. I am dumping them as fast as I can. I read this blog today and I can totally relate! My CC#1 company when I told them I wanted a lower rate responded by telling me I was using this as long term debt. It was to encourage me to get rid of them as a card. So the interest rate is 30%. Needless to say I am looking for balance transfer offers but my number one choice is PAY them OFF FIRST. Why a big balance first you ask? Well isn't 30% a disgusting enough reason. It is no longer o.k. with me to work for a bank. I want to work for myself. I want to be debt free.

This morning I transferred Cash from Checking to savings. My Balance is now $1078. Hooray! I also transferred $200.00 from reimbursed funds I rc'd. Typically my checking account would just absorb that money. But I am making a thoughtful focused effort to make sure any extra money I get goes to that stinkin' debt!

I also spent time this weekend with some final scanning and I have scanned the last 10 years of my takes. Done :-) It feels good. And yet I find myself looking around for more. I am on an organizational high!

No comments: