Sunday, May 30, 2010

Support system thoughts

Saw this article (http://amysfinerthings.com/finer-things-friday-support-system) and wanted to write my own version...

I have been feeling overwhelmed lately. Murphy is parked on my doorstep and wants to come in. I am pushing back as hard as I can and having little success...

Here is what is happening:

My son may need surgery for tubes in his ears
My daughter's father has decided he will no longer pay for college
We are having a baby in Oct
I need to have thyroid surgery. I need to work with the doctor will try and get it done before my insurance changes in Jan.

All of it is mostly manageable but right now I am feeling quite stressed about issues. In addition there are promised layoffs at my husband's office and we will find out if he is on the list today. Of course there are rumors of additional cuts in the future so there are no guarantees that we would be safe. More stress...

When I see it all laid out here on the computer I have a lot going on.
I guess its about how you spend your time but I am grateful for the people who are supporting me...

Family
My mom has been a rock and even though there is a lot of stuff going on for her she is still coming to see the new baby, and to nurse me through the surgery in Dec.

Co-workers
surprisingly this is changing for me. I used to have good support here it is changing with this pregnancy. I am leaving as soon as my daughter graduates college.

Faith - I have not found a good church in this area. Its too bad really because I do have a strong faith in God. My husband is a no go guy so I tend not to go either, mostly out of laziness.

Looking into a lawyer made me realize how important it is to get to know people in the area and take suggestions from those around you.

Looking into surgery for my son I got a lot of interesting feed back on face book. People love to comment and give input. It did make me realize though the scale of the number of ear infections is wayyyyyyyyyy above the norm and I need to make it different. I do not want him to loose his hearing.

So there we are. I am grateful by brother after one year of unemployment has a job currently. I am grateful my dad is keeping the chaos low. I am grateful my mom will support me the best that she can. I am grateful I will be out of debt some day. I am grateful that I do have a family that I love as crazy as they are, they are mine.

No comments: