Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mad money monday

Life has been busy and I have not felt inspired by others to blog. Although I have a bunch of notepad documents that I might one day go back and post... We'll see.

Picking up from my last post. I have not had the heart to change my side bar. I have had a bunch of financial setbacks last year and this so perhaps I got a bit dis heartened because we have extended the time It will take for my debt to be gone. last month the debt stood at 26713.65 It was a tough winter and fall. And predictions for may have the debt increades by $200.00 Thay was due to some traveling requested by my mom. And you dont say no to my mom. So travel we did.

There is some good news. $200 is did not put me back at $39804. I start with a fresh sheet of paper each month and I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Someday I will be out of debt. I am here and I did not give up the ghost. I truely believe that persistance pays.

My raise has ben spent and spent and spent. It has been a blessing but spent... I have set up an automatic payment from checking to my savings account to transfer 100.00 every month to get savings back to $2000.00 It has dropped to ~1400. Some days I have to pay things out of savings so I do not increase the debt. and the emergency fund is where the money comes from. By transfering the cash into savings every two weeks the emergency fund will be replenished by the end of theyear and I can stay on track with debt pay down.

There has been one other piece of good news... I am going to have baby #3 so I will be increasing my expenses. I am doing everything I can to get as much paid down before the arrival date. but 20 year olds seem to have other ideas in mind.

One pregnancy challenge I seem to be having is keeping my mind focused which is causing me to spend too much time on facebook and not enough time on programming or work.

No comments: