Monday, May 11, 2009

Month end and looking forward...

There were not a lot of posts for April. And I now that I have done the numbers not much progress either. All things considered though it was not too bad. We did go on a family vacation and I still paid $200 to debt. I can live with that. It may make the progress slower then I would like and I know I chafe at the pace of my progress but when I look at that number I am really happy that I dont owe 39K any more. I am able to think of owning a home which 1 year ago It would not have been possible. CC#2 has a balance of 2162. I made a payment to if in May for $400.00 so I know next months numbers will be better. My DH has been paying ALL of the child care so I can continue to pay down my Credit Cards. He is a wonderful man. I will keep forging ahead. We'll see what comes. One day at a time.

Today I plan to go to the library and check out how to purchase a home for dummys so I can start getting smart about the biggest purchase of our lives. I am excited. We are hoping to be able to make a home purchase before the end of the year. It is a little ambitious but we'll never have the same low interest rates and $8,000 tax credit again. I think we can do it.
If you have any good sites for the process leave them in the comments I will be sure to check them out!


I am not a financial professional. If you are looking for financial advise you should seek it elsewhere. If you would like to join me on the journey, walk with me for a while and be my friend......

No comments: