Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stitching purchases

Stitching:

I purchased the Over the top tin by Just Nan. It arrived in the mail yesterday. I am so excited. I have been a cross stitcher for many years. In 2005 I looked for cross stitch blogs.There were not many blogs out there. So I continued on with the idea that cross stitch was dying out as there are not many cross stitchers. (Michaels and other craft stores used to carry TONS of stuff for cross stitch. Now a days its all about scrapbooking and very very few cross stitch patterns are carried in craft stores.) Last year I began to pay off my credit card debt. During that process I started reading Personal Finance blogs. In Sept/Oct I searched again for Cross stitch blogs. Jackpot. I found a few. Then a few more.... I found I missed all the interaction. I have been introduced to new designers. I have been inspired by other stitchers and I am enjoying planning other projects again. One of those designers is Just Nan. I was so jealous of the tins people posted on their blogs. They all sold out so fast. So I ordered one for me. I really like it. I cant wait to start stitching. First though I have a few things to work on. I need to make a small gift for my DD for Valentine's day. (DS dosent need a gift at 2.5 months old he will never notice!) so as the holiday approaches I have to make that first. For Christmas my DH purchased a bunch of patterns for me. One of them is a bib for DS. That will be next. Then OTT tin. I have been working on my Lavender & Lace project and it is close to completion but I cant have too many Cross stitch patterns going at once. First of all it takes too much space in the Living room. Secondly with DS taking so much of my attention these days I am lucky if I get to stitch on any given day. So there it is. Just Nan awaits. I am so psyched.

Cents:

The tin kit was not too expensive. I have not been driving very much while on maternity leave. and I used the budget item of gas as justification for the purchase. In every day living I shop only for food and necessities. I also need something to be stimulating me while I am home. I love my new son but a conversationalist he is not... yet. Although lately he does try lots of wonderful coos. So I justified it that way. Plus it will go away if I do not purchase it now.

I can justify it all I want to but the truth is it would be better if you put the cash towards debt. The challenge there is if I feel so deprived that I never get to purchase anything for myself this is not a good debt reduction plan. So balance is important. I purchased one thing for myself this month. And a couple of items for DD valentines Day. Then I am finished. This is good balance.The rest of my money to the dreaded credit cards. I will be out of debt soon. I have a plan.

I am not a financial professional. If you are looking for financial advise you should seek it elsewhere. If you would like to join me on the journey, walk with me for a while and be my friend......

1 comment:

JillMN said...

Hello,
Thanks for the comment you left me on my Isa Vautier SAL. This is a free design on her site, isav.over-blog.com. I do not know if and where you can buy her stuff in the US. I was wondering the same but not have researched it. I love her stuff. This piece is so much fun.
Have a great day!
Jill