Friday, January 30, 2009

Baby decided he wanted me to wake up at 6:30 and stay awake. hmmm now he is back to sleep and I am up for the day. So just a quick entry before I grab a much needed shower....

Stitching:

I am working on a heart ornament. The pattern is from Just Cross Stitch Mag Jan/Feb 09 issue. I asked my DD to give me a subscription for my Christmas gift. I stopped getting any magazines a long long time ago as they were an unneeded expense. But I just missed JCS too much. I am altering the thread colors for the first attempt at it. I will maybe make it again in the brown as shown in the Mag. I never would have attempted a change in the pattern except for the inspiration that I have gotten reading others blogs. It is really helpful to see what other stitchers are doing and use those techniques for my own.

My local needlework shop (LNS) has sent me a coupopn for my birthday month. Ah the pleasure... What shall I get? Have to be careful about too much temptation. However on the other side of that I have only 2 weeks of maternity leave left so I should take advantage of shopping while I am still able to get out and about easily. I am sure the tiredness will return as I return to work as well as my ability to accomplish anything will again diminish.

Cents:

I really need time to spend at my desk. I am driving myself crazy with what needs to be done and what is left undone. When I return to work I will have one day where I can work from home per week. Typically I spend about half of my work day clearing off my desk and taking care of my paperwork that needs attention. It short of shifts me into work mode and makes it easier to transition into attention to details. The problem with sitting at my desk right now is with the baby it is just too cold for me to have him sit downstairs. We keep the heat off in that room to save as much money as possible. So I accomplish nothing. If I could get him to nap peacefully I would be able to sneak away. Today that is not going to happen. SIGH... Maybe tomorrow

No comments: