Monday, October 27, 2008

Waiting and Hobbies

Well I am playing the waiting game now. I am waiting for my baby to be ready to be born. I am waiting for the end of the month so I can pay my bills. I am waiting to be out of debt so I can use my money on other things. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. I HATE to wait. So I do two things to keep myself calm and focused while I am waiting. One I listen to my ipod. I listen in the Hospital waiting room, I listen before I go to bed I listen when I feel anxious. I also do cross stitch. I choose a small project to work on for the fall because I knew I would be distracted and absent minded about things. I take it with me where ever I think I will have to wait. And I am making progress on it...

I was a little reluctant to re-invest in cross stitch again. This project 5.00 for the pattern, 10.50 for the fabric and 2.00 for the thread. Its not that much money but I am enjoying it so much I think it was worth it. I am really really trying to keep my expenses low. I think this will be the first October in 5 years where I did not blow my budget. That is primarily due to the fact that my daughter is away at college and



Today I went through my mail and cleaned off my desk it took about 40 minutes to shred all the papers I did not need, and organize those that need action to be taken. But I feel calmer about it now. When you know what needs to be done its so much easier to ignore... Ha ha ha Just kidding. Sort of. If you don't know what is important and might be hiding in the mail there is a certain level of anxiety builds up. If you know what you have to attend to you know if you can afford to give it a few more days or not. thats where you can make choices. If you don't have any idea whats in the pile thats when it bites you. Its important to me in my later stages of pregnancy to stay on top of things like ANY outstanding bills because they will not be on the top of the list when the king arrives.

Spending indulgences

I really get irritated when I read pf blogs who talks about nothing but shopping. I dont mean a random indulgence or a whim of a n old habit. But there is one young girl that loves to purchase shoes. I

No comments: