Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I want to be recession proof

I was reading my blogs and I read this article. I want to add my here! Here!

http://gradmoneymatters.com/2008/07/dont-go-down-with-economy.html

I have been stressing about having a new baby and worrying about my personal economy. To the point where I exploded last night.

But here is the thing. We have a solid financial plan. I am not going to be in debt forever. I am not going to take on unheard of levels of debt to compensate for not having money today because I know I am going to need all of my funds tomorrow.

There is always news that’s why they call it news. Try to keep yourself grounded.

Take care of yourself. No one else is going to pick you up when you fall. Be self reliant.

If you need help get it. You don’t have to be alone. You do have to do it.

I have had to give up my cookies. I am bitter about this. I am very bitter actually. But for the health of my baby I am giving up sugar. I can do it because I have to. Well I also have to get out of debt. So I will because I have to. I can’t live with the bank cards having power over me. I borrowed yesterday so today I can’t play. I did it to myself. BUT I am not getting out of the hold myself. I have read a thousand blogs. I listen to Dave Ramsey. I have read PF books. I have slowly over time created a plan. Knowledge did not come instantly for me. It took time and patience with the process. (I am not that patient)

I am just one pea in a pod. I am a single mother who is soon to be married again. I worry about our plans for what could go wrong. But we have solid plan (Or so I think) I do know I am just one spot on the scatter chart. I do not make the trend. As a matter of fact most of the time I buck the trend.(Thus the road less traveled) I am also not giving up on making preparations for my future. I still figure that if I get my MBA by the time I am 50 I will have 15 years of working at a $20k more per year salary. I can save that for retirement and I will be better off. I will be out of debt and I will be living in a home. These are my goals. I do not want to be a person who suffers more than average from a recession. I have been there. It’s how I got here. Unemployment for a year taught me that. I will not allow myself to be in that position again. I just won’t. I want to be a person who bucks the trend.

It’s like the last lecture says.... The brick walls are there to prove how much you want something. I want to be out of debt. I will work at it until it happens. The harder you work the better your luck. Luck is where timing meets preparation. If you are not prepared you may not be able to take advantage of what you want when it is available.

No comments: