Monday, February 28, 2011

Family Binder and Legacy drawer

I would never have called the information on this list a legacy. However I do believe that it is so important to make sense of my desk for my husband or DD should an emergency arise.

I cant focus today. So I am working instead on some steps that are already laid out in Dave Ramsey's plan. I will state that I did try and get started on my work but the primary bank where I was doing my work was being hacked - or down due to severe weather. Either way I chose to start this project...

Dave Ramsey's suggestions on creating a legacy drawer for your family.

http://www.daveramsey.com/article/legacy-drawer-keep-your-family-prepared/lifeandmoney_relationshipsandmoney/

There are 11 items on the list. I have done #1 and started on #3. (and I kept the cover letter open as I wrote the Financial account information because I kept thinking of things to add which means this was a GOOD exercise for me) It is intense to layout all this information to your family. I have it written down in a couple of places and it made sense to me but having to make sense of the information so that others understand it too. Well thats a bigger project then I thought. But It is important to just knock out a couple of items off your desk. The huge piles of paper on mine overwhelm me so I cnat imagine my husband going through it to make sense of it. So today there has been incremental progress. I'll take small wins where I can.
Take time yourself to go through Dave's list. It is an act of love to create this for your family. It is also very important.
Peace

No comments: