Monday, October 22, 2007

Clutter update

I can see my desk. Well half of it anyway...

Magazine De Clutter tally and some thoughts.... 8 left in this pile (What??? there are more piles?!) Yes. Like credit cards I decided to take small bites out of them so I don't feel overwhelmed!

These mags were my friends when I lived in Spain. I was so lonely at that time. Not only did I struggle with my first husband but I was so isolated and far away from my friends and family. Don't get me wrong there were a lot of positives from that time too. But the reason I hold on to the magazines is just in case... If I feel that isolated and alone again I will have my cross stitch friends. I should realize I am 40 now and my skills with friends have come a long long way and If I am lonely I just need to reach out. Still its why I scan the magazines before I throw them out I am afraid of letting go without a safety net. The scans are the safety net.

The first magazine I scanned has a project I made for my cousin. It was 19 years agp! I think I have held on to this stuff for too long! I was finishing up my last semester of college. It was over the summer and no one was on campus but a few other bums and me. Man was I lonely and moody! I had WAY too much time on my hands. All the times in my life when I have felt that low. I always turn to cross stitch. I miss having the amount of time I had then to keep working on the projects I love to do now. I still stitch every chance I get but the time slips away from me. And with a sceond job that time will be even more rare.

So even now there are..... Only.... 7 left in the pile YAH!!! progress

I always tell my mom If I ever get stuck in a hospital or prison slip me a needle so I dont go insane. I can do cross stitch. (Is that nuts already??)


I am not a financial professional. If you are looking for financial advise you should seek it elsewhere. If you would like to join me on the journey, walk with me for a while and be my friend......

No comments: